The Dragonfly Foundation provides comfort and joy to children and young adults enduring cancer and bone marrow transplants. It is also dedicated to enhancing quality of life programs at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center's Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute. The organization works to establish connections at a time when patients, siblings and caregivers feel the most alone and isolated. Their services fall into three main areas:
- "Gifts" for the hospital, patients and families/caregivers
- Psycho-social events and entertainment
- Emotional health, awareness and support program
CBTS was the foundation’s first corporate sponsor. Since then, CBTS has helped expand Dragonfly and support the children by:
- Providing the Foundation with Reds and Bengals tickets and setting up meet and greets with the players, patients and their families.
- Enabling the foundation to donate 25 laptops with webcams for hospital rooms at Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CHMC). This allows the kids to connect with their friends, schools, siblings and even pets during times when their immunities are down and they cannot have visitors, except for their parents.
- Donating the CBTS C-Notify messaging service, enabling them to give tickets to families the same day they receive them by sending out a call, text or email. This eliminated a time consuming manual process that was in place to call families to see if they could use them. Working with over 100 families, the foundation works to get tickets for events to as many kids and their families as possible.
- Sponsoring annual golf event to help raise funds.
- Connecting the Foundation with the appropriate people at River Bend and the Bank of Kentucky for ticket donations. The Foundation believes that there should never be an empty seat if someone is in need. The Bank of Kentucky donated River Monster tickets and allowed the kids to go on the field and create a tunnel for the players to run through, for the Northern Kentucky indoor football team.