VMware is the world’s leading provider of virtualization solutions for x86-based servers and desktops. Through a pioneering approach to virtualization, VMware technology works to separate the software from the underlying hardware. This allows a single computer to run multiple operating systems and applications, delivering significant improvements in efficiency, availability, flexibility, and manageability.
Founded in 1998, VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices around the world. VMware’s customer base consists of more than 20,000 organizations of all sizes, including 100 percent of Fortune 100 companies. VMware delivers technology designed to substantially lower IT costs, provide more flexibility in choosing operating systems, and offer a more automated and resilient systems infrastructure capable of responding to variable business demands.
VMware offers a wide range of award-winning virtualization products, from free software for virtualizing desktops and servers to comprehensive enterprise-class platforms for optimizing data centers and IT infrastructure. VMware’s broad and proven suite of virtualization solutions addresses a range of complex challenges facing IT organizations, including:
- Server Consolidation and Infrastructure Optimization: VMware technology – including the industry’s only complete virtual infrastructure – helps organizations consolidate servers, increase utilization rates, reduce power and cooling costs, and manage and automate IT processes for maximum availability, performance and scalability.
- Business Continuity: With exclusive features, such as automated load balancing and live migration of virtual machines, VMware technology enables organizations to increase uptime, and reduce the cost and complexity of meeting high availability and disaster recovery objectives.
- Software Lifecycle Automation: Developers and other IT professionals use VMware solutions to streamline the software development and testing process, reduce server provisioning time, and improve software quality.
- Enterprise Desktop Management: Enabling enterprises to better manage and control their desktop systems, VMware helps customers speed deployments, administer systems from a central location, and provide end users with a satisfying physical-PC experience.
CBTS maintains partnership with VMware to meet customer needs for added value and product interoperability. Not only does CBTS market and deploy VMware technology, but CBTS’ internal infrastructure is founded on VMware software. Its technology is also the foundation of CBTS’ Virtual Data Center (VDC) portfolio of solutions, which includes virtual storage, backup, disaster recovery, server virtualization, and virtual-to-virtual business continuity services.
From emerging and medium-sized businesses to enterprise organizations across every vertical, VMware technology offers customers a superior choice for virtualization solutions including:
- Mature, production-proven products of unparalleled performance, robustness, and reliability
- The industry’s only complete virtualization infrastructure that enables virtualized assets to be aggregated and deployed as a shared utility for dynamic, automated, always-on computing
- Platform neutrality and open standards for greater interoperability and the flexibility to create shared resource pools independent of specific OS and hardware platforms
- Maximum value through rapid ROI, lower ownership costs, and a scale-as-you-grow adoption cycle